(Archive) Sims College :: Entry Level Hacking - OverView
SimsCollege.com originally held online classes. The classes ended some time ago but the owners of the site left the material online so other would be able to use them as tutorials. These Entry Level Hacking Lessons are reprinted here with kind permission of the author for those how are having trouble accessing the originals at the Sims College Classrooms site.
Entry Level Hacking Lessons
This class was designed for people who have never before hacked, or have very little working knowledge of hacking. The objective is to introduce terminology and concepts used in hacking, as well as a basic hands-on training to be used as a solid foundation for the ensuing classes.
During the 4-week course, students covered:
- Motives, Advertisement, and a brief look at IFFPencil2.
- Moods, Motives and Behaviors
- Exploration of Sounds and Animations
- Functions and BCON Modification
Intermediate Hacking Lessons
Intermediate Level hacking is designed to take the students several steps further into the world of hacking, and serves to promote good programming skills and a more developed understanding of how objects work in The Sims game. Prospective students should have a basic understanding of terminology and object functions.
Requirements: Either some hacking knowledge or completion of Entry Level Hacking.
The four Intermediate Hacking Lessons cover:
- Variable types, Global calls, and Person type/gender filters
- Motives, Skills and interests (beds and chairs)
- More on Interests (bookcases)
- Introducing Graphics Resources and Randomizing Events (includes adjusting the family budget)